Peanut Butter Protein Bars
• 1.5 cups rolled oats, blended into a flour
• 1/2 cup protein powder
• 1/2 cup rice crisp cereal
• 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, to taste
• 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 3 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips (use 70% cocoa Cadbury dark choc)
• 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with a piece of parchment paper. Mix the oat flour, protein powder, rice crisp, and salt together in a large bowl.
2. Add in the natural peanut butter, honey, and vanilla. Stir well to combine. If the mixture is a bit dry, add a splash of non-dairy milk and mix again.
3. Press into pan and roll out with a pastry roller until smooth. Pop into the freezer.
4. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small pot over low heat. When half of the chips have melted, remove from heat and stir until smooth.
5. After freezing the bars for about 5-10 minutes, remove from freezer and slice into bars. Drizzle with melted chocolate and freeze again until set. Store in the freezer for a week or longer in an air-tight freezer bag, container or wrap individually like we did for easy access